In 2020, Vodafone partnered with 15gifts to enhance its online retail customer experience and performance. Vodafone had three core goals:
- To enhance the overall customer experience and understand more about Vodafone prospect customers.
- To significantly improve online conversion rates.
- To recreate the success of retail stores in upselling customers to higher value plans and additional value adds such as insurance.
“Our partnership with 15gifts and launch of our guided selling tool has been key in enhancing our online customer experience over the last year.”
- Our powerful guided selling engine, driven by our unique combination of psychology and machine learning to drive Vodafone’s conversion performance.
- Our Profiles offering, collecting unique preference data from every interaction – unlocking more value from every prospective customer.
- A dedicated team of experts, a 15gifts squad working closely with Vodafone to drive value, evolve the service and share insights.
Highly personalised recommendations delivered to customers, creating 1 million+ detailed customer traits profiles.
Customers making a direct purchase, accounting for 7% of overall sales, and delivering a 40X RoI.
Uplift in conversion rates for Vodafone’s most engaged customers.
Protecting revenue during Covid-19
The 15gifts solution allowed Vodafone to help protect key revenue streams during Covid-19 such as insurance services, normally driven by in store interactions, with guided selling generating a 12% uplift on the normal digital experience.
The guided selling experience was also able to align with Vodafone’s strategic goals of driving customers to more premium plans delivering an +81% uplift in customers attaching an entertainment pack as part of their purchase.