Brighton, UK / Hybrid
About the role
The UX Designer role is responsible for creating and championing great user experience design at 15gifts.
They do this by understanding the end users, their needs and pain points, and translating those into easy to use designs in line with the client’s wider business requirements.
The UX Designer will take true ownership of our customer experience, study the psychology principles that drive successful interactions and try/test different ideas.
The person we’re looking for
We are looking for a pro-active, collaborative UX designer who has experience working within a UX and Design team to find elegant UX led solutions to the challenges presented by our customers and the product team.
The individual would be working as part of a small team including a UX Content Designer and Digital Designer.
You’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside our Product Owners and Product Designers to create groundbreaking digital solutions.
- Conducting usability tests and user research, analysing collated data and making informed design decisions.
- Designing new features and optimisations for our products and internal tools via user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, information architecture, mockups and prototypes optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions – championing best practice.
- Taking ownership of any UX task/feature to guide its evolution and optimisation.
- Developing ideas that improve user engagement and have a positive impact upon Product KPIs.
- Take a user-centred design approach using the psychology principles to rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Working with developers to ensure feasibility of design solutions.
- Planning, creating and facilitating UX workshops.
- Working closely with our data team and customer success team to ensure design decisions are based on truthful data and needs.
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of UX Design Experience
- Has demonstratable experience of working in an agile environment
- Has demonstrable experience of working within a cross functional team to identify solutions to design problems
- A proactive, driven mentality and a desire to continuously improve process
- Able to communicate design decisions to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable using analytics platforms eg: Looker or similar
Benefits we offer
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
Application deadline: 23/02/2023