Brighton / Remote, UK
About the role
We’re looking for a new QA to join our team. The person will need a hands-on approach, working closely with our design, development, data and customer teams to help define, plan and execute test cases across multiple projects and product versions, while aiding Junior Testers. The successful candidate will be a fast learner who can apply their keen eye and want to help improve our product set and processes.
The role includes cross-browser/device testing, input during scrum meetings, specifying test cases, ownership of tickets throughout the sprint process, running test sessions, input into our automation systems, and providing great, detailed feedback.
Fundamentally we want someone who is smart and can get stuff done, it may sound clichéd but we would much prefer to hire someone who is talented and allow them to train and gain experience, than to hire someone with all the points checked off but who has the wrong attitude.
If you are willing (and more importantly, wanting) to learn and get on with being a part of a growing team, and are excited about helping us to maintain and improve the quality of the excellent work we do, then we want to hear from you.
The person we’re looking for
- 2+ years of testing experience
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Agile, ticketing systems
- Experience with frontend and backend web testing – JS/Node, Perl, APIs, SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn and adapt with the business
- Friendly, approachable and confident
- ISTQB or equivalent (bonus point)
- Knowledge of Performance testing, Stress testing, Git (bonus point)
- Proficiency in writing test scripts using TestCafe or other automation tool (bonus point)
You’ll be responsible for
- Run and amend automated testing scripts
- Carry out manual feature testing to aim for minimal bugs in production
- Plan, execute and perform testing across both product development and BAU work streams
- Provide accurate and fully detailed bug reports
- Share knowledge with the QA team
- Create tickets when issues, or ideas for improvements arise
- Communicate well and effectively with all team members
- Provide early input on upcoming tasks from the relevant expert and end-user perspective
- Assist the development team in the estimation, identification of possible issues and test cases for upcoming work
- Help to achieve Scrum team goals within the Sprint timeframe
- Assist in setup and implementation of regression tests, identifying any issues
- Run regression testing throughout the Sprint and Release processes
- Attend and provide estimates during Project planning meetings
- Have an understanding of, and ability to participate in, entire testing life cycle
- Strong knowledge of development process in order to facilitate quick and easy info transfer with developers