Brighton / Remote, UK
About the role
We are looking for a full stack Development Team Leader to join our team as we prepare to grow over the next 2 years.
At 15gifts a Development Team Leader manages the developers in a team of 4-6 ensuring the team is properly resourced, well trained and engaged.
This position is the first of an exciting new team being created at 15gifts. An integrations team will consist of a Development Team Leader, Developers and Data Engineers.
The team will be accountable for building new data integrations for our customers.
We anticipate the split between development work and management tasks to be 80/20.
This position is ideal for a Senior Developer wanting to progress their career into Management or an existing Development Team Lead / Engineering Manager.
The person we’re looking for
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Good Agile development understanding and experience.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and the SDLC would be a plus.
- Worked with Adobe Audience Manager (bonus point).
- Experience reverse engineering websites to find useful data (bonus point).
- Experience with scraping websites (proxying, throttling, authentication) (bonus point).
- Experience with data transformation (bonus point).
You’ll be responsible for
Leading a sprint team:
- Line management of team members, including appraisals, one to ones and salary reviews.
- Recruitment, identifying the needs of the team and assisting with hires to support business demands.
- Provide training and mentoring to the sprint team as needed.
- Work closely with our customers to design new efficient ways of integrating with our product.
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of a project: providing technical guidance and making technical decisions.
- Manage quality assurance by adhering to code standards, design principles and source code analysis tools through to the use of continuous integration, unit testing, deployment automation and code coverage tools.
- Design, develop, and test your own code.
You’ll be accountable for
- Provide technical direction and guidance both internal and external to the team.
- Manage and support developers whilst monitoring their quality and throughput.
- Provides estimates and deliver software using SDLC.
- Advise on the allocation of tickets to developers, based on their experience, skillset, and/or personal development.
- Ensures adherence to code quality and security standards of all Devs in team
- Provide support to Developers with their training and career progression.
Benefits we offer
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme