Senior UX Writer
About the role
At the heart of our product is the tailored conversation that we have with each user – engaging them with a personalised offer of assistance and then providing an end-to-end sales conversation that advises and builds confidence.
Our mission is to create an online guided selling solution that mirrors the experience you would receive from an in-store assistant. We are now looking for an experienced UX Writer who will play a key role in achieving that mission.
The role will be accountable for the quality of all copy used across our guided selling engines – creating a ‘best practice blueprint’ that is derived through research and consistent testing. As well as building out the processes and tools that we need to achieve a consistent level of quality across all our customers.
We are looking for someone who can balance hands-on UX writing with a broader strategic view of how we deliver consistently high-quality sales conversations at scale.
The person we’re looking for
– An experienced UX Writer, ideally with experience of working within a SaaS product
– A minimum of 3 years experience in a senior copywriting role
– A natural commercial focus – with experience of owning or designing content to meet a measurable commercial outcome
– A natural leader – able to coach team members and bring about change
– Experience defining and embedding processes and tools within a team
– Someone with a strong UX focus and background
– Adept at user testing – harnessing the voice of the end customer to drive improvements
– Able to balance workload across multiple projects at one time
You’ll be responsible for
– The overall quality of all copy within our engines – ensuring that each customer journey we create matches the ‘best in class’ in-store assistant
– Creating and owning a process for how all copy is created to ensure consistency for each new customer – building out a defined best practice
– Working with analytics and data science to test each aspect of our content to consistently update that best practice – striving for continual improvement
– Working with the analytics team to define clear commercial measures of success – and striving to exceed those KPIs with each optimisation
– Working with the product team to support in all new feature development
– Working with the dev team to design more scalable ways to create copy – reducing the time it takes to create all new journeys
– Line management of a UX Content Executive and possible future management as the writing team grows
Nice to have, but not essential
– Sales psychology experience
– Experience in content translation