Lead Product Analyst
About the role
We’re creating a new role for a dedicated Lead Analyst in the Product team.
Our Product team’s mission is to find the best ways for our product to solve industry problems and drive value for our partners. You’ll support the team in making faster and more effective decisions, by providing relevant data and insights.
You’ll also be working on bigger projects to answer questions like: Are there better ways for us to measure and report on the value we drive for our customers? What can our data tell us about the most important areas to drive higher value?
Your value expertise will also help inform our existing Customer Analytics team who focus on delivering value centric narratives to our clients.
Whilst we’re looking for a strategic thinker, this role is very much a hands on role, you’ll be the main provider of the analytics, so strong technical skills are a must.
The person we’re looking for
– The ambition to define and set up a key new function within the business
– A passion for all things statistical
– A drive to analyse methodically, and to explore problems in a logical and systematic way
– A natural commercial sharpness – able to balance robust statistical practice with commercial goals and timelines
– Enjoy communicating data in an engaging and professional way
– Share your knowledge and experience with our team and the wider company
– Be a strong voice for data within the Product team, ensuring that decisions are data driven and analysed appropriately
You will be responsible for
– The overall quality of our product analytics capabilities
– Designing and communicating a clear vision for product analytics
– Building a best practice framework and process to deliver consistent product analytics for stakeholders
– Delivering insight to truly understand our product value and engine performance
– Defining and establishing the product analytics function
– Over time, building and managing a team of driven and professional product analysts
– Understanding the business and our product to proactively provide the Product team with the most relevant insights and tools
– Fostering a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the Product team
– Finding areas where we can make improvements to the quality and consistency of our data, and work with our data engineers to action this
Skills and experience
– Minimum degree level qualification in statistics (or equivalent)
– A solid understanding of statistical testing and modelling techniques and experience utilising them within a business environment
– 5+ years experience applying analytics and delivering actionable insights within a fast-paced/commercial business
– Experience presenting data in a clear and engaging way to non-technical audiences
– Strong database experience
– Strong working knowledge of SQL
– Experience using python or similar