About the role
This mid level data science role is based within the product team, where the successful applicant will play a crucial role in collaboratively researching and building intelligent features as part of a multifunctional team. This person will be individually responsible for providing the insights required to design new features, any data modelling or machine learning required to power them, any experimentation to optimise them and also collaboratively building tools to monitor them.
This role is also part of client focussed squads (alongside Customer Success, Analytics, and Product Owners), and within these teams they will be responsible for experimentation and the optimisation of the deployed features to tune them for clients’ particular goals and KPIs.
In practise this means that they are involved with product features from inception to delivery, allowing unique insights and understanding when performing optimisation for specific clients.
This role also has a responsibility for exploring, modelling and refining attributes on our sophisticated data layers, paying particular attention to their squad clients, but also developing cross client models.
The person we’re looking for
– Passionate about designing and delivering solutions to complex problems
– Curious with a desire for continuous learning
– Friendly with a collaborative attitude to solving problem
– Excellent communication skills
– Comfortable both expressing your opinions and also listening to the opinions of others as required by the situation
You’ll be responsible for
– Collaboratively research, design and build new product features
– Build our understanding of the product and it’s features
– Build tools to monitor feature performance
– Build quality reusable data pipelines
– Build business relevant statistical and machine learning models
– Understand the strategic goals of clients
– Build/refine/run/maintain collaborative experimentation plans
– Design and run strategic and statistically sound experiments
– Grow squad KPIs to meet targets
Skills and experience
– 2+ years data science experience in a business environment
– BSc in maths, computer science, engineering, physics or equivalent (Masters or Phd. preferred)
– Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
– Strong applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
– Demonstrable background and ability with programming skills
– Solid experience with Python and SciKit Learn