Brighton / Remote, UK
About the role
This mid level data science role is based within our product team, where the successful applicant will play a crucial role in collaboratively researching and building intelligent features alongside a multifunctional team.
They will be individually responsible for developing the insights, data modelling or machine learning required to power our various features, and sometimes also collaboratively developing the tooling to monitor and maintain them.
This role is also actively engaged with our live customer engines where responsibilities include building customer recommendation strategies and monitoring their performance, as well as exploring, modelling and refining client specific attributes on our sophisticated data layers.
In practise these responsibilities mean involvement with product features from inception to delivery, providing unique insight and experience of the feature lifecycle.
The person we’re looking for
– Passionate about designing and delivering solutions to complex problems
– Curious with a desire for continuous learning
– Friendly with a collaborative attitude to solving problem
– Excellent communication skills
– Comfortable both expressing your opinions and also listening to the opinions of others as required by the situation
You’ll be responsible for
– Collaboratively researching, designing and building new product features
– Building our understanding of the product and it’s features
– Building tools to monitor feature performance
– Building quality reusable data pipelines
– Building business relevant statistical and machine learning models
– Understanding the strategic goals of clients
– Building and monitoring customer recommendation strategies
– Designing and running strategic and statistically sound experiments
Skills and experience
– 2+ years data science experience in a business environment
– BSc in maths, computer science, engineering, physics or equivalent (Masters / Phd. preferred)
– Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
– Strong applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
– Demonstrable background and ability with programming skills
– Solid experience with Python and SciKit Learn
– Experience with snowflake/dbt/aws would be a bonus