Customer Success Director
Customer Success Team
About the role
At 15gifts we care deeply about the success of our clients. Everything we do in the Customer team is geared towards driving strategic partnerships, value, and innovation.
We’re looking for a Customer Success Director to join the team. You will own a book of our most strategic clients and be accountable for their success (retention, growth and customer health/relationship).
The person we’re looking for
– A trusted advisor: you know how to engage with strategic, global clients in order to build a trusted relationship. You can gain a deep understanding of business challenges and goals and, using this knowledge, align to the products and services of 15gifts creating success plans that drive measurable value. You can lead your 15gifts Squad (analyst, data scientist, and product owner) to execute on success plans to the highest standard and are confident in setting and continuously managing client expectations.
– Commercial and analytically driven: you have great attention to detail and use data & insights to spot opportunities for innovation and revenue growth and are confident in using data to lead and make decisions. You have proven experience in delivering on client growth and renewals and use your commercial and data awareness to lead strategic quarterly business reviews. Ideally you have experience in working with or within e-commerce teams and can confidently create and deliver on commercial forecasts.
– A confident leader: you have a high level of emotional intelligence and have strong communication skills. You are exemplary at relationship building at multiple levels and can navigate complex organisational networks – from building strong champions to nurturing relationships with executive sponsors. You are an expert at motivating and leading your internal squad team to the achievement of goals and targets, whilst being able to confidently simplify complex narratives for our senior leadership team.
– Highly motivated and career driven: you are a highly motivated self-starter that has clear long term career aspirations for growth. You are looking to learn and improve and develop your own personal skills.
You’ll be responsible for
– The relationship, retention, and growth of a book of our strategic, global clients with a book value of at least £1m per annum
– Establishing a trusted advisor relationship with strategic clients, understanding their goals to create a success plan which drives value from 15gifts products, data, and services
– Leading a 15gifts squad to achieve on client goals and deliver success plans
– Mapping a clients’ organisation to identify key influencers and decision-makers, building strong partnerships with executive sponsors and champions across different teams
– Understanding client performance to spot opportunities or risks; leading the squad on performance improvement strategies
– Forecasting growth and risk, creating / delivering on risk mitigation strategies; working with your squad analyst to create and monitor commercial forecasts for each individual client
– Successfully onboarding new clients, leading on using insights to create value stories and building key relationships in the first critical months and beyond
– Coordinating and leading regular, multi-team business reviews for our clients with clear outcomes on client health and opportunities
– Providing the voice of the customer into our product team to support on longer term product development and innovation
– Acting as mentor and coach within the Customer team and throughout the wider 15gifts organisation
Skills and experience
– 5+ years of experience in either a customer management or commercial role
– Delivery of high revenue renewals, growth, and negotiations individually in collaboration with commercial teams
– Has previous experience of leading an internal team on strategic planning and delivery
– Proven ability to engage and develop champions and executive sponsors at all levels
– Excellent technical competence
– Excellent understanding of analytics including previous experience of leading data led strategies and commercial forecasting
– Experience in delivering multiple large scale projects, working across multiple teams and leading on communication and delivery
– Confident in-person communicator and presenter with excellent people skills including being a clear written and verbal communicator and sharing best practises across teams
Nice to haves
– Has owned a book of Fortune 500 clients globally, across multiple teams/regions
– Has worked within either media or telecommunications industry
– Has a very good understanding of digital e-commerce