Join the team
15gifts has always been a close-knit team. And nothing’s changed, even as we grow rapidly. We still obsess over quality, love getting into the details, and want to have fun doing it.
So if it sounds like you’d fit in – and you’re up to the challenge – then apply for one of our current vacancies below.
Senior Developer (Data)
Senior Developer (Data)
Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. Studying the key elements that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent decision-engine technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the UK including O2, Virgin Media, EE, Sky, BT, Three and The Times. With every engine interaction, we’re learning more about customers, gathering insights and powering more and more accurate recommendations.
As the first dedicated and senior Data Developer in a growing team of Analysts and Data Scientists, you will play a crucial role in defining our data stack and creating new ways for us to learn what’s best for our clients and their customers. You’ll be working alongside our Dev team to develop the machine learning infrastructure that underpins our recommendation product. Working on our Python codebase and MySQL/Redis/Snowflake data infrastructure, you will draw on your past experience to put in place the proper foundations to keep pace with the rapid growth of the company.
- Take ownership of all aspects of our data infrastructure
- Mould our current recommendation engine into a scalable and more general system for deploying algorithms
- Productise our recommendation testing tools
- Relentlessly improve the quality of our codebase
- 3+ years experience software engineering
- Python & SQL
- Experience with scalable machine learning infrastructure (desirable)
- Experience supporting a data pipeline from end-to-end (desirable)
- Linux & Cloud Services (Docker, Vagrant and AWS desirable)
- Experience developing hypothesis testing platforms (desirable)
- Redis, JS, node (desirable)
What we offer
- A fun and creative working environment
- The opportunity to be responsible for a key aspect of the business - driving a real impact and seeing your work used by thousands of people every day
- The change to join a company at an incredibly exciting time of growth
- Work with some of the largest companies in the UK incl. Sky, Virgin and The Times
- Input into all aspects of the business
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- Fresh fruit, beers and regular social events
- The occasional office dog visit