Join the team
15gifts has always been a close-knit team. And nothing’s changed, even as we grow rapidly. We still obsess over quality, love getting into the details, and want to have fun doing it.
So if it sounds like you’d fit in – and you’re up to the challenge – then apply for one of our current vacancies below.
Brighton & Hove
Closing date: 01/12/2016
£35000 - £50000 based on experience
Following significant growth, we are now looking for a talented data scientist to join our team and help shape the recommendation algorithms that underpin our product.
Our data science team is at the heart of the company and plays a crucial role in analysing and visualising customer behaviour – using the data to build statistical and machine learning models that generate highly tailored recommendations, and drive the product forward through data-led optimisations. Your responsibilities will include analysing and improving our algorithms, as well as modelling user behaviour to ensure we’re interacting with our users in an optimal manner.
We're a team that's growing fast, we have a great culture and we're excited about the opportunity ahead of us.
We think the candidate we are looking for would have some of the following skills, however we would love applications from people who perhaps don’t meet a checklist but feel the have something unique to offer.
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems in the real world, using appropriate data
- Experience analysing and visualising data sets
- Programming Skills (particularly Python and R)
- Statistical knowledge, including significance testing
- Experience with databases, both SQL and others
What we offer
- The opportunity to work directly with some of the largest companies in the UK and Europe
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of a fast-growing product
- The opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business - working with brilliant developers, designers and data scientists
- A fun and creative work environment
- Time to create and develop your own ideas
- A great, newly refurbished office
- A brand new Macbook
- Weekly ‘Food for thought’ lunch sessions with free food and guest speakers, and the opportunity to speak and present
- Your birthdays off work